Photos by L.G. Patterson
A few years ago, by necessity, we pivoted from a traditional catering business to a new venture, preparing family meals on a weekly basis. Our emphasis was to make easy meals that were a hit with the whole family, trying a lot of new recipes in the process and meeting a lot of great people.
It was a rewarding experience, one that probably saved my business. And I can’t help but wonder how beneficial a service like this, providing family-popular recipes, would have been to my own busy family when my sons were younger and our schedules were booked with sports and other activities.
But children grow up, time moves on and so have we. We have been fortunate to pretty much return to our first love, catering memorable events with beautiful and delicious food, and are (mostly) saying goodbye to our weekly family meals.
This recipe is one we made many times during the past two and a half years. It’s a sheet pan prep meal, which is code for fewer dishes. Greek-inspired seasoning, chicken, potatoes and salty feta and olives round out this pleasing entree. Sprinkle the tomatoes on at the end or roast them for a few minutes to sweeten and soften them.
It’s so quick and healthy, yet flavorful enough you could serve it to guests. It’s one of the silver linings of what were some tumultuous years for us all, and one that I’m happy to share with you!
Sheet Pan Greek Chicken
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 8 small gold or red potatoes
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
- Combine all herbs and spices with olive oil. Place chicken and potatoes on baking sheet.
- Toss the herb/oil blend with chicken and potatoes to thoroughly coat and distribute flavor.
- Roast in preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until chicken and potatoes are done.
- Toss tomatoes, olives and feta over the chicken and potatoes.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes.