4 Glamorous Ponytail Looks
Here are four simple ways to spice up everyone's favorite updo.
When a warm afternoon becomes unbearably hot, the ponytail is a go-to hairstyle. But let’s face it, ponytails are a little boring. There are plenty of updo looks that are easy, fashionable and help you stay cool. In this tutorial, learn how to do four easy updo looks from the braided ponytail holder, to the upside-down French braid.
1. Braided Ponytail Holder:
a. Put hair in a mid-heigh ponytail.
b. From the ponytail, take a small section of hair and do a three-strand braid.
c. Wrap the whole braid around your elastic and secure the end and fly-aways with bobby pins and hairspray.
- Twisted Top:
- Part hair to one side. From that side, section out about three inches of hair from the front to the middle top of your head.
- Secure the rest of your hair with a clip, keeping it out of the way but ready for later use.
- With the top section portioned out, you can either do a French braid going back or a twist. Secure braid or twist with a bobby pin.
- Once the braid or twist is finished, combine with rest of hair and put it in a high ponytail.
- Inside-Out Ponytail:
- Put hair in a low loose ponytail, loosen ponytail base by pulling on the elastic outwards.
- Starting underneath, put two fingers at base of ponytail, close your elastic, making a small hole.
- Keeping a finger there, flip ponytail up and downward through the hole. Once done, pull it tight and smooth out bumps.
- Upside-Down French Braid:
- Section your hair into two sections from the ears, a top section and a bottom section. Clip the top section of hair for later use.
- Turn your face down towards the floor, and brush the bottom section of your hair upward and flat. From there, do a French braid up the back.
- Once the braid is finished, bobby pin it and combine with the rest of your hair in a high bun.